There are many ways to help The Friends of the Mansfield Library, and we think there’s something for everyone. If you have an idea about another way you can help, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become A Friend
Send an annual donation to support the library with the benefit of a tax deduction.
Drop your used books off at the library. Our biggest source of funding comes from used book sales in the atrium of the library, so donating is a fantastic way to help the Friends and the library.
You can buy a used book from our store at the front of the library or purchase pencils, flash drives, earbuds, tote bags and more at the library front desk. Soon you will be able to purchase things online.
Make A Financial Donation
You can mail a check to us at the address below or donate online without leaving your home. The money we raise helps pay for our Mansfield Reads! program and purchase things off the library’s wish list throughout the year.
Friends c/o Mansfield Public Library
104 S. Wisteria
Mansfield, TX 76063
Attend one of our meetings on the second Tuesday of each month (except June, August and December) to learn how you can help.
A few volunteer opportunities include:
- Assist with membership campaign and Mansfield Reads mailings
- Help with any aspects Mansfield Reads – i.e. securing sponsors, assisting with PR and marketing, brainstorming and planning related events to this year’s Reads book
- Provide feedback and help select next year’s Reads book
- Keep the book sale display shelves stocked and organized
- Keep an eye on our inventory of products and let the treasurer know when new stock needs to be ordered
- Represent the Friends group and sell items at local events like Wurstfest and Hometown Holidays
- Keep Friends’ displays in library up to date and stocked with brochures and timely information
- Put up and take down holiday decorations
- Wrap presents at our December holiday book fair at Barnes & Noble
Donate Your Company’s Services Or Products
We’re always looking for businesses – large and small – that are generous enough to donate expertise, services or products to help us support the library. Some regular things we need include printing, paper/card stock, postage, items for our store and signage.
Sponsor Mansfield Reads
Become a sponsor for Mansfield Reads for as little as $100, or become the title sponsor of a new program like movie night. Email us with any ideas, too.
Tell A Friend
Tell others about the Friends group and what we’re doing to support the library and Mansfield community. You can do this the good ol’ fashion way by talking with a friend or share news and information on social media like Twitter, Facebook and NextDoor.
We also have posters and flyers for our Mansfield Reads programs that we’re grateful businesses will put out.