Since 2004 The Friends of the Mansfield Public Library host Mansfield Reads!, an annual program throughout the month of April.
With the tagline “One City, One Book,” The Friends promote the library and foster a sense of community through reading and public dialogue about the selected literature, encouraging everyone to read the same book at the same time.
The organization and the library, with the help of sponsors and community leaders, host activities and programs to facilitate discussion and engagement, which culminates with the big finale, An Evening With The Author. The Friends bring in the author of the featured book to speak, answer questions and sign autographs.
We’re excited to welcome Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni to Mansfield to discuss her one of her novels, Oleander Girl, on April 28, 2017. Learn more here>>
Past Reads! Books and Authors
- 2016 – Amanda Eyre Ward – The Same Sky
- 2015 – Fannie Flagg – The All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion
- 2014 – Taylor Stevens – The Informationist
- 2013 – Glenn Dromgoole – What Dogs Teach Us and What Cats Teach Us
- 2012 – Sandra Brown – Rainwater
- 2011 – Jeff Guinn – Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde
- 2010 – Matthew Pearl – The Last Dickens
- 2009 – Tim Madigan – I’m Proud of You, Life Lessons From My Friend Fred Rogers
- 2008 – H. G. “Buzz” Bissinger – Friday Night Lights
- 2007 – J. A. Jance – Partner in Crime
- 2006 – Paul F. Boller – Presidential Anecdotes
- 2005 – Robert Olen Butler – Had A Good Time, Stories From American Postcards
- 2004 – Elmer Kelton – The Good Old Boys